An implant is a prosthetic solution that replaces a missing tooth. It offers the most realistic, long-lasting solution for the restoration of functionality and your smile. Made of titanium, it is placed in the jaw and a crown is placed on top, providing the appearance of a natural tooth. It offers greater stability and durability than other solutions designed to replace missing teeth.
Aesthetic dentistry includes a variety of treatments that can alter the look of the teeth and gums. Solutions include braces and aligners, veneers, implants, crowns, inlays / onlays, bridges, dentures, tooth recontouring, teeth whitening, gingival sculpting, and gum depigmentation.
1) Traditional braces are available in ceramic or metal, with silver or colored modules (the small pieces that hold the wires in place on the teeth)
2) Self-ligating braces are available in ceramic or metal; modules are not required.
3) Lingual braces are placed behind the teeth; they are available in ceramic and metal.
4) An aligner is a transparent plastic sheath that fits over the teeth to reposition them.
5) Veneers are custom-made shells that cover the front of the teeth to correct stained, chipped, decayed or crooked teeth.
6) Implants are artificial solutions that replace missing teeth with a titanium cone and a crown. An abutment is used to attach the crown to the titanium piece.
7) Crowns are made of ceramic, metal or porcelain fused to metal. They cover teeth to restore them to their normal shape and size or to hide chips or discoloration. Crowns are also required for implants and after a root canal treatment.
8) Inlays / Onlays – Inlays are tooth-colored fillings that are fabricated in a lab and then cemented onto the tooth. Onlays are cemented to the tooth to replace a tooth cusp (an elevated feature of a tooth).
9) A Bridge is a set of artificial teeth that replaces two or more adjacent missing teeth, using the natural teeth on both sides of the gap to anchor the artificial teeth in place.
10) Dentures are artificial teeth, typically removable, that replace several missing teeth. Full and partial dentures are available.
11) Tooth Recontouring is a treatment that changes the shape, length or surface of a tooth by removing small amounts of tooth enamel.
12) Teeth Whitening is a process in which a chemical solution is applied to the teeth to lighten the color of teeth. The process often includes the use of a curing light.
13) Gingival Sculpting is a process in which uneven or excessive gums are reshaped to improve the appearance of the teeth and smile.
14) Gum Depigmentation is a process in which dark spots or patches are removed from the gums to improve the look of the smile.